Adventure and Biodiversity Center
Since the purchase of our area, current 32 hectares, we care about minimizing our environmental impact, and so during construction and throughout our years of operation we have strived to be as sustainable as possible. We count on the support of employees and guests for this. Some actions:
2. Garbage - One of the biggest challenges. After all, all the garbage that is brought into the Malacara has to be handled and destined for us. Thus, we developed a project called Minimal Waste that seeks, in the separation of garbage, to properly allocate the various materials:
• Glass and crockery - go to a box called Soca-soca, located in our Maintenance Workshop, where this whole glass (it's a lot because of bottles of wine and long neck) is crushed / crushed and reused in our constructions, floors , maintenance as a raw material for mortar;
• Cooking oil - we make bar soap, which part is used by ourselves and another part we give the employees;
5. Socio-pedagogical Projects - We have a bi-annual project in the schools of the municipality of Praia Grande called "Conhecer para Preservar". The 7th and 8th grade classes are encouraged to discuss the environmental issue in the municipality, region and globally and produce exhibitions, videos, music, interviews, based on their conclusions. The winning group presents to the community and wins a trip to the National Park, and other activities in the Ecological Refuge Pedra Afiada;
8. We guide guests and tourists, whether on the trails, at the reception or in the apartments (through our little book), to avoid wasting food in the meals, waste of light, towels and other items and act coherently with the place where they find us .
As it is good to stay in places that care about the minimum impact, we care that our ecological footprint is as small as possible! Welcome to our Ecological Refuge and participate in the initiatives!